Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Performs secretarial and general office support involving word processing, typing, telephone reception, mail distribution, and record and file maintenance. Typically, services are provided for an assigned department, care center or nursing unit.
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relay messages and greets visitors.
- Opens, sorts, and prioritizes mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, coding, updating and destruction.
- Types routine correspondence, memos, reports, minutes, and other documents from dictation or handwritten copy. Proofreads typed materials and makes corrections, as needed.
- May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor's visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission.
- Associate Degree in secretarial science, Secretarial School diploma or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience
- Builds Customer Loyalty: Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Initiates Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.