The Recruiter (Level 1) is responsible for the development and implementation of sourcing strategies to recruit and retain top health care professionals for the organization. Function as a liaison between Human Resources, Departments, Hiring managers and external clients to facilitate the various operational and staffing goals of the Medical Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support company and departmental business goals by meeting/exceeding individual placement objectives by independent sourcing of candidates with minimal use of outside agencies.
2. Partner closely with Hiring Managers to understand staffing and operational needs and to develop recruitment strategies to source and secure qualified candidates. Provide ideas and direction to find the ideal candidates.
3. Manage relationships with internal and external sourcing resources in order to fill the position in a timely and cost effectively matter.
4. Serve as the liaison between the candidate and management during the interview and selection process. Consult and advise hiring managers on overall hiring process, collaborate on job requisition details and creation, and advise on effective candidate assessment/interview techniques.
5. Consistently update applicant tracking system and hiring managers in a timely manner to ensure that hiring requirements are met.
6. Identifying viable client prospects from various sources including: directories, contact lists, databases, leads, internet resources, and personal networking
7. Place employment advertisements in various print media, approved Internet sites, agencies, schools.
8. Attend recruitment events – career fairs, networking events and open houses, etc.
9. Facilitate the requisition process by reviewing Job Descriptions, funding sources, position numbers for all approved requisitions to ensure accuracy and timely posting of positions.
10. Monitor, update and review requisitions and applicant information in the applicant tracking database in addition to reviewing resumes, applications and entering offers in the system.
11. Negotiate compensation package, sign-on bonus and relocation expenses with hiring managers and Compensation department to extend offer to candidate.
12. Assists and follow up with the Senior Staffing Specialist regarding all facets of the Recruitment process to ensure that timely and effective recruitment practices are being executed.
13. Oversee Employment Coordinator to ensure the completion of the on-boarding process such as the New Hire Physicals, Background Check and education verification.
14. Mentor and assist Employment Coordinator in achieving professional success, development and achieving career goals.
15. Assist departments, employees and all levels of management with various inquiries and concerns.
16. Performs other related duties
2 years of recruiting/placement experience in the health care industry or equivalent combination of education and experience in a high-volume, fast paced environment.