Mount Sinai is one of the largest U.S. health systems with a strong reputation for quality of care and research. We have over 38,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care each year for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 400+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development expertise.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
· Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environments
· Seek to improve the status quo
What We Offer
· Opportunity for advancement within MSHP team
· Opportunity to work directly with senior leaders from across the Mount Sinai Health System and external organizations
· Opportunity for mentorship from senior MSHP leaders
· Opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team driving a system-wide transformation
· Opportunity to work at the forefront of innovation in healthcare
The Provider Communications Team within MSHP is a fast-paced, energetic and fun group of communications professionals whose main audience is the employed and community-based physicians that comprise MSHP’s clinically integrated network. Our role is to inform, educate and engage this high-performing network of physicians in care delivery redesign, helping them understand their roles and responsibilities in delivering the highest-quality, most efficient coordinated care to their patients.
MSHP seeks a highly organized Associate Director, Provider Communications to forward population health management strategy. Develop and implement provider communications strategies and tactics that promote provider engagement and education, assisting our clinically integrated network in improving the quality and efficiency of health care. Reporting to the Senor Director of Provider Communications, the Associate Director will also ensure that all MSHP providers understand the value and requirements of being in a high-performing network and assist them in understanding and meeting their obligations.
· Conceive, plan, and implement communication strategies and tactics to effectively translate complex policy and program information and updates into easy-to-understand campaigns and messages for multiple audiences through various media, with emphasis on electronic communications.
· Use knowledge of current and emerging communications technologies and tools to recommend and implement e-communications strategy.
· Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners in support of communications strategy
· Manage day-to-day communication operations by developing and executing comprehensive communications programs within a timely manner including:
· Website design and web content, tools, and resources including app development
· General provider communications collateral and e-communications
· Newsletter creation and distribution
· Live Events – CME, Town Halls, Webinars
· Video training
· Curation of compelling physician/office staff stories for physician spotlight series
· Collaborate with various business units to obtain and incorporate feedback on provider content
· Manage and support career development of Communications Associates. Select, develop, manage and evaluate direct reports, including providing orientation and training of new staff
· Prepare and deploy provider satisfaction and other surveys and analyze results
· Perform analytics on digital programs—including website engagement, email campaigns
· Protect and promote the Health System brand in accordance with corporate standards, including ensuring consistency in communications, packaging and design and provider experience regardless of communication vehicle.
· Work collaboratively with Corporate Marketing, including Creative Services and Digital Marketing teams.
Education and Experience
Additional Skills and Qualities
· Outstanding written communication and oral/presentation
· Experience supervising and developing staff
· Demonstrated project management skills including planning, scheduling, meeting deadlines, and working with team members to complete required projects
· Advanced knowledge and skills in email campaign software and survey platforms.
· Experience in web design or content creation a plus
· Working knowledge of and interest in the health care industry
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.