Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Quality Assurance Specialist (Patient Experience) will ensure and uphold the integrity of the Patient Access Centers Mission and Vision statements in order to meet or exceed our service level agreements. The Quality Assurance Division will continuously monitor and work to improve the patient experience through constant auditing, evaluation, training and development of the Patient Access Center staff. The Quality Assurance Specialist (Patient Experience) will focus on improving and creating a positive patient experience through maintaining and improving quality metrics.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze quality assurance data and assist in preparing reports
- Monitors weekly, a set number of quantitative and qualitative call reviews
- Provides feedback to Patient Coordinators and supervisors to help transform the patient experience
- Assists with Service Recovery when there has been a failure or lapse in service excellence
- Continually identifies and seeks opportunities or changes and advances that will impact the patient experiences
- Evaluates call statics and call review data for each department possibly isolating specific areas of improvement
- Identifies trends or uncovers “learning opportunities” for individuals/departments or system wide and or through continuous monitoring
- Assists Supervisors with Performance evaluations by providing consistent, impartial feedback
- Work closely with training department in designing and developing training modules
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, psychology, and or business related preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in a Patient Access Center/Patient Care environment and or Patient Experience Management preferred
- Certified Patient Experience Professional or willingness to become certified
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Access, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- QA software experience preferred
- Ability to interact with all levels of the healthcare system
- Strong analytical, solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct objective audits and deliver constructive feedback
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation skills and the ability to influence required
- Strategic planning, leading large scale change management initiatives
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.