Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Diagnostic Specialist I – Maternal Fetal Medicine, performs basic Obstetric ultrasound examinations in accordance with AIUM (American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine) established protocols.
- Prepares ultrasound scanning rooms
- Performs basic sonograms based on AIUM guidelines
- Performs basic transvaginal sonograms
- Performs basic biophysical profiles for fetal assessment
- Performs basic umbilical artery Doppler studies
- Performs the following basic procedures: Chorionic Villus Sampling, Amniocentesis, MPR (Multiple Pregnancy Reduction) and PUBS
- Applies knowledge of anatomy, physiology, positioning and imaging techniques to optimize the quality of ultrasound images
- Effectively communicates differentials to perinatal physicians
- Prepares instruments for sterile/disinfection JCAHO criteria
- Maintains equipment to assure conformance with specific operational standards. Maintains equipment in working order, performs routine cleaning and preventive maintenance, reports any equipment malfunction to supervisor
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment to comply with established infection control and departmental protocols. Operates and cares for testing equipment
- Provides patient education related to ultrasound studies
- Generates accurate computerized ultrasound reports
- Communicates effectively and compassionately with patients, family members and other employees
- Any other assignments or projects assigned by perinatal physicians, proactive manager or ultrasound technician supervisor
- Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program with clinical and didactic education
- Demonstrates effective written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrates appropriate social skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.