Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The WTC Health Program General Responder Data Center (GRDC) is charged with the oversight and coordination of the data collection, data analyses, and reporting on the health status of over 45,000 9/11 responders being seen at the five General Responder Clinical Centers of Excellence (CCEs) in the NY metropolitan area. The CCEs provide medical monitoring and treatment examinations and clinical assessments for these responders.
The GRDC is seeking a highly-motivated and skilled web applications programmer/analyst to join their development team. The position will be responsible for front end development of web application user interfaces as well as the underlying validation logic for data entry and interactions with back end relational databases.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reports to and takes direction from the GRDC Data Management supervisor
- Works as part of a team of analysts, programmers and DBAs
- Understands business rules and processes and design flowcharts to illustrate process flows as well as write technical documentation such as SOPs in support of those processes
- Works from or writes specifications to develop new or modify existing web applications using object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts
- Develops and/or assists in developing logic and writing or modifying relatively complex programming code, such as routines utilizing OOP concepts of classes, instantiation, inheritance, etc.
- Tests and debugs code written by other programmers or self
- Provides assistance and training to team members
- Interacts with users and customers to address concerns about application functionality, behavior and performance
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience: Two years of experience in developing modular web applications using cascading style sheets in the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment utilizing IIS for the front end and business logic middle tier and a SQL Server back end
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.