Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Tisch 015 REQ # 2589986
Job Title: Clinical Research Systems Analyst III
- A Clinical Research Systems Analyst III position is currently available in the Cancer Clinical Trials Office at the Tisch Cancer Institute (TCI). The Clinical Research Systems Analyst III works closely with TCI Leadership to facilitate the implementation, data migration, and functional requirements of OnCore - our clinical trials manager systems (CTMS). The primary responsibility of this position will be for the deployment and continuous quality improvement of the OnCore CTMS and its use across the Cancer Clinical Trials Office. The CTMS Clinical Research Systems Analyst III will also provide information systems expertise to leadership with the overall goal of increasing efficiency for the clinical research community.
- The Tisch Cancer Institute is a vital component of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital and plays a key role in the Mount Sinai Health System, which is one of the largest health care systems in the nation. We are a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated center and provide a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatments and clinical breakthroughs that may one day put an end to cancer. Our Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) provides the infrastructure and resources required to support patient-based cancer research.
- Support the ongoing maintenance activities for the TCI Clinical Trials Management System.
- Oversee, coordinate and assess the day-to-day operation of the CTMS
- Participate in on-going quality and control processes, testing upgrades and changes to CTMS, and development of new processes.
- Perform production support activities, including triaging issues, evaluating patches and fixes, assessing impact, and implementing solution
- Perform Quality Control and Quality assurance activities to verify and maintain accurate and complete protocol data
- Evaluate the functionality of the system
- Interacts with users to evaluate needs, identify specific issues, and develop processes that will result in a functional CTMS.
- Provides support to end users, participates in trainings, communicates new features, and assists with adapting study designs for OnCore usage within studies of varying complexity.
- Evaluate OnCore functionality as used for protocol and subject management; work with individuals and teams to improve efficiency of tools and propose new methods to achieve goals through use of OnCore functionality as appropriate
- Assists the CTMS Systems Analyst to troubleshoot and resolve CTMS problems related to protocol specific calendars
- Strategizing and taking a key role in the development and use of reports.
- Coordinates and trains staff as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in Science, Computer Science, or a related discipline; advanced degree preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Seven years of experience in clinical research, especially at an academic medical center, including familiarity with the IRB process and financial management of clinical research studies (i.e. budgeting and billing process). Oncology research and/or experience highly preferred.
- Experience as a systems analyst with a CTMS including system support and administration; preferably OnCore.
- Familiarity with an EHR (electronic health record) system, preferably Epic.
- Experience providing technical support to customers.
- Creative problem solving skills; ability to navigate through ambiguous situations.
- Proven organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.