Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Are You Ready?
Are you ready to create and manage the Big Data Infrastructure? Are you
interested on research and development of state of art open-source
Duties and Responsibilities:
The DevOps Engineer will work on implementing and maintaining on premise
and cloud big data infrastructure.
- Build and manage big data infrastructure using proprietary and opensource
- technologies such as Mirth Connect, Apache Kafka, Apache
- Spark, MongoDB and Splunk.
- Develop and manage continuous deployment pipeline using Docker
- Container, Kubernetes and Atlassian Bitbucket.
- Work on deployment and maintenance of machine learning apps such
- as Recommendation Engine and Deep-learning based Classifier.
- Provide technical and engineering support for Linux servers
- administration, access controls for users, and management and
- administration of Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Develop and implement infrastructure monitoring and de-bugging
- solution using Splunk, Plotly and Nagios.
- Create weekly report regarding the health of infrastructure and machine
- learning apps
- Bachelor degree in engineering (e.g. computer science , Biomedical
- Informatics, Physics, Statistics) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of configuring and managing Linux and Window Servers
- Knowledge of configuring and managing database system like, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Knowledge of Managing Cloud environment like Azure and AWS.
- Knowledge of Ansible and other dev-ops automation tools
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies.
- Work experience as Dev Ops engineer
- Knowledge of managing and creating Hadoop and Spark cluster
- Knowledge of managing and creating of MongoDB cluster
- Working experience on the messaging systems like Apache Kafka and Rabbit MQ
- Knowledge of Cloud: Azure or AWS
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.