Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Product Manager I plans and coordinates the development of new products, enhancements
of existing products and technical solutions based on short-term and long-term needs. S/he determines reasonable roadmaps and deadlines for new products and product enhancements considering priority and customer needs. This individual must demonstrate an ability to achieve tasks with limited resources and to break down complex problems into steps that drive product development. S/he helps design, develop and launch specific products and builds high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. S/he partners with Design, Engineering, and Data Science.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the departmental leadership to create a product strategy and a roadmap for specific products.
- Manages the complete product lifecycle from requirements gathering to prioritization to product release:
a. Gathers product requirements from various internal and external constituents and create both business requirements as well as detailed functional requirements.
b. Works closely with the IT organization to deliver new product features, enhancements, and critical defect fixes.
- Assists with external partners and client relationships
- Presents product strategies, roadmaps, and solutions to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Monitors product performance and metrics from all sides of the business.
- Works with the Design Team to conduct usability testing, surveys, market research, and focus groups to monitor customer satisfaction and identify opportunities to improve overall customer experience across all customer touch points.
- Performs market and competitive research to understand trends and opportunities in the industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or related field or equivalent of a combination of education and relevant work experience. Graduate degree is a plus, but not required
- 2+ minimum years (higher preferred) of product management and software engineering - Desktop and mobile application experience a plus
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.