Locations: New York, New York
Categories: Allied Health – Emergency Services
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
A Registered Nurse Practitioner engaged to work on an as-needed
basis for patient care delivery.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical patient care to all assigned patients on an as-needed basis.
- Maintains BCLS/ACLS Certification and annual program requirements, for renewal, the nurse practitioner participates in classes offered by Nursing Education.
- Possesses the required competence in the area of assignment within the guidelines of the position description.
- Completes the necessary orientation program as coordinated by Nursing Education prior to engagement. Complies with all institutional regulations as would a full-time employee.
- Maintains telephone accessibility for control of assignment. Notifies the unit or care center office of any changes in contact information.
- Submits a letter of resignation at least two weeks ahead of effective date.
- Education: Master's degree program designed to prepare a registered nurse to provide acute/primary health care services or the successful completion of an approved supplemental education program, i.e., post-Masters NP certificate.
- Experience: Relevant clinical nursing experience in oncology
- Licenses: Registered Nurse, Certified Nurse Practitioner
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.