Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The System Patient Experience Analyst, reporting to the Director, provides analysis, reporting and support of patient experience efforts utilizing hospital databases and vendor patient survey reporting tools to analyze, compile, interpret and create reports for patient experience performance across all care domains at Mount Sinai Health System (inpatient, emergency department, ambulatory surgery, office visits, etc.) The role directly supports our efforts to improve the experience of care by listening to the patient voice.
- Utilizes hospital databases and survey vendor (Press Ganey) database to analyze and create reports from patient experience data integrating data as required for effective reporting
- Compiles, interprets, and creates reports for patient experience performance across all care domains at Mount Sinai Health System (inpatient, emergency department, ambulatory surgery, medical practices, etc.)
- Build and publish creative and intuitive analytical solutions leveraging data visualization software, such as Tableau, to address large-scale data accessibility
- Works collaboratively with key partners such as survey vendor and internal IT to manage patient experience databases and datamarts effectively
- Speaks and educates at various venues and standing meetings on patient experience data and serves as a system subject matter expert to hospital staff to interpret reports and train users on reporting tools
- Pairs working knowledge of the data with knowledge of best practices, coaching to the data by sharing actionable strategies and tactics to improve
- Interacts with senior clinical leadership, departmental and divisional administrators, clinicians, nursing staff, and other support personnel across all care settings
- Effectively communicates findings from analysis orally in presentations or in writing, linking it back to the “big picture” concept of improving quality of care in a compassionate environment
- Collects, organizes, and summarizes materials for presentations by the supervisor as needed
- Analyzes patient experience data in tandem with other data sets such as patient relations, quality, safety, and HR metrics to recognize variances and relationships in the data
- Understands key concepts of state and federal requirements for the reporting of patient experience metrics with in-depth knowledge of measure methodologies and definitions
- Effectively communicates with various departments to gather and understand the information necessary to successfully complete data requests, reports and projects
- Bachelors, master’s degree or healthcare experience preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills to explain and coach to data and reports across the organization
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database software packages, including Microsoft Excel
- Advanced skills in writing SQL queries in multiple databases such as MySQL, Oracle
- Proficiency in Tableau data visualization software preferred
- Proficiency in multiple language and scripting tools like Python, R preferred
- Displays outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to make sound decisions and work under pressure
- Team player, who can build effective working relationships, is detail-oriented, and ready to roll up his/her sleeves
- Ideal candidate be highly ambitious with passion and initiative to lead projects and improve processes with minimal oversight
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.