Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Director Patient Experience-Mount Sinai Hospital
Under the direction of the System Vice President of Service Excellence and Patient Experience, provides leadership, guidance, and monitors targeted patient experience improvement initiatives within the assigned area(s) of focus. Works with HCAHPS areas and beyond throughout the hospital to engage staff in how to better understand their data and work to improve their scores. Collaborates with talent development leaders to develop patient experience training programs that support the achievement and sustainability of patient experience goals at The Mount Sinai Hospital. Collaborates with administrative, nursing, and physician leaders to implement healthcare communication skills training and educational programs that enhance the patient experience. Functions as a resource to the hospital leadership in overseeing project goals and deliverables. Role models the mission, vision, and values of MSHS.
- Responsible for communicating and messaging the patient experience goals of the hospital/ health system
- Co-chairs the hospital Patient Experience Steering Committee
- Facilitates and organizes the MSHS Experience session rollout and ongoing sessions at hospital site.
- Works collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to develop action plans for departments/ service lines to execute.
- Responsible for the identification of trends through comments and PX scores in targeted areas of priority and engages key stakeholders to develop a solution focused turn-around plan.
- Collaborates closely with Patient Service Center staff around Service Excellence training as well as integrating the complaint/ grievance data with the Press Ganey patient survey data.
- Effectively communicates rationale for improving patient experience data to internal customers
- Review, evaluate and synthesize a number of patient and staff feedback data sets for key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Reports directly to VP of Service Excellence and Patient Experience for the Health System and is a part of the health system Patient Experience strategy team
- Provide education/ training/ orientation to various hospital staff as well as MSDFP Practice Managers regarding role of and function of the Patient Service Center.
- Master’s degree preferred in a healthcare leadership related field
- 5 years of experience in a patient and family experience related role in a healthcare setting. Strong written verbal communication/ presentation skills ability
- Experience in Coaching/Training
- CPXP (Certified Patient Experience Professional) preferred
- MS Office Suite (Intermediate)
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.