Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Social Work (MSH) - Req Number: 2594520
Job Title: Social Worker (Behavioral Health) – Temporary Full-Time
Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the management services organization developed to enhance the Health System’s implementation of population health initiatives, that is, programs of care that enhance the patient experience and health status, improve the health of patient populations and reduce utilization and healthcare costs. Population health initiatives particularly focus on preventive care. MSHP provides the infrastructure to support population health initiatives and includes services such as care coordination, information technology, workflow optimization, physician engagement and quality reporting. The Department of Social Work Services takes a leadership role in MSHP Care Management (CM), which is providing in person and telephonic short-term and long-term care management services for a large diverse group of individuals who have a variety of insurances that are part of value based contracts. The goal of MSHP CM is to provide standardized care management services to meet patients’ medical and psychosocial needs, increase quality and reduce unnecessary health care costs.
This is a 4-6 month position (full-time with benefits) covering a leave of absence and may lead to other employment opportunities thereafter.
The position is based in Internal Medicine Associates and will work on the Mount Sinai PPS Project: Integration of Primary Care and Behavioral Health Services. The Social Worker/Depression Care Manager will provide behavioral health care services to adults who receive primary care in this hospital-based primary care practice. S/he will be responsible for direct patient care utilizing treatment modalities including but not limited to: behavioral activation, motivational interviewing, and interpersonal psychotherapy. S/he will meet patients at the point of referral, conduct initial mental health/psychosocial assessments, develop treatment plans with a psychiatrist and primary care providers and provide evidence-based short-term treatment. This is a team based, patient-centered approach to behavioral health that is highly effective in the primary care setting.
In addition, the Social Worker/Depression Care Manager will be responsible for serving as primary administrative liaison to the Primary Care practice leadership for all administrative matters related to the service including data and performance tracking as required for DSRIP. Further responsibilities include participation in project workgroup meetings and delivery of DSRIP reporting measures.
LOCATION: Internal Medicine Associates, 17 East 102nd Street, MSH Campus, Manhattan.
• New York State LMSW or LCSW (LCSW preferred).
• Bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Significant experience providing care coordination and crisis management to at-risk populations with serious mental health illnesses and substance abuse.
• Exceptional collaborative, organizational, communication skills to meet the challenges of complicated, evolving programs.
• Exceptional skills in engaging patients and families and in assessing and coordinating resources within families and hospital and community networks for effective management of patient care.
• Hospital experience and experience with care coordination for a high-need Medicare (Fee for Service), Medicaid (Fee for Service and Managed) and the Medicare/Medicaid population preferred.
• Strong interest in being part of an innovative initiative to improve the quality and cost of care.
• Computer proficiency including ability to run/analyze reports in various data systems.
Strength Through Diversity