Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The DevOps Engineer will work primarily on the Sinai Central
enterprise application as well as vendor provided tools and open source software
used to support Sinai Central. Sinai
Central is a web based, custom developed application that is the front end to
a number of backend ERP type applications.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the installation and
configuration of the application and tools across multiple environments,
including Production, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Development, and Test. The infrastructure is comprised of Application
(Jetty), Web (Apache), and Database (Oracle) servers which can be physical or
virtual. The DevOps Engineer will also
contribute to the development of the application, and is required to have
complex web application development experience. The candidate should be able to quickly
understand and modify existing software and develop new functionality.
The applications are delivered to the Mount Sinai community through a web
specific and therefore the ability to adapt new concepts is more important than
a skill in any specific area.
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, or equivalent (training /
- Minimum 5 years real world DevOps and Programming experience
building and maintaining complex systems, and automating, installing and
configuration of software, e.g. Linux, Apache, Jetty, Oracle DB 11g, Jira, Confluence
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of programming languages and
HTML/DHTML, Web Services, Linux, CSS, jQuery, AJAX, JSON, JSONP, Python, PERL
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Promote robustness via automated testing and continuous
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- Ability to optimally design data models
- Ability to perform analysis, design, and construct advanced
- Ability to write efficient maintainable code
- Experience working with and optimizing high volume data systems
and large architectures
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with effectively using Git revision control
- Outstanding communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Capable of adapting quickly to new technologies and related
- Experience with full life cycle development (i.e. user
requirement gathering, design, implementation and support)
- Experience with Jira ticketing system and Confluence Content
Management System is a plus
- Hospital/Research experience/exposure is a plus
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.