Job Title: Senior Director
The Mount Sinai Hospital is seeking a Sr. Director to provide administrative and fiscal leadership to a large dynamic academic medical practice with over 60,000 patient visits, 150 providers, and 60 staff. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Ambulatory Care, the Sr. Director will work closely with the practice Medical Director and members of the leadership team to plan, organize, and manage the enterprise. The Internal Medicine Associates practice at Mount Sinai Hospital provides a wide range of medical and psychosocial services to a mostly underserved adult population. Services include routine and urgent medical care, integrated behavioral health, care management, social services, substance use services, nutritional care, and legal services. Embedded within the practice is an ambulatory ICU that provides intensive medical care and care management to high utilizing patients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Sr. Director is responsible for overall practice operations including front desk, nursing, and back office functions.
- Working collaboratively with leaders from the hospital, Icahn School of Medicine, and the IM residency training program, the Sr. Director leads performance improvement efforts aimed at transforming the practice into a state-of-the-art patient-centered population-health focused enterprise.
- The Sr. Director also functions as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders and participates in committees and workgroups on both the hospital and system level.
- Candidates for this position should have a Master’s degree, preferably in Business or Health Care Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience running a large medical practice, preferably in an academic environment.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.