Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Strategic Operations & Integration- Req # 2601122
- Oversees the development, integration and implementation of TeleHealth Services into the infrastructure of the Health System including related initiatives, services, policies and programs.
- Directs and implements financial and strategic planning activities related to the integration of Leading Practices into the routine care delivery processes of the Health System.
- Provides operational expertise, program management, leadership, direction, and oversight for TeleHealth programs supported by the SVP of Strategic Operations & Integration.
- Participates in the design of program goals, timelines and objectives; oversees project operations; assists with defining measurable and actionable metrics.
- Oversees objectives within the programs; development of clinical relationships including interactions with corporate partners, nursing and physicians; ensuring quality and integration of Health System values in TeleHealth initiatives.
- Collaborates with SVP of Strategic Operations & Integration and Service Line leadership to focus on several areas including, but not limited to; strategy and priorities, program development, partnership with Business Development, client relationship building, and delivery of high quality projects, P&L management and strategic leadership.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identifies, develops and implements new business initiatives and opportunities consistent with the mission and strategic direction of the Health System under the direction of the SVP of Clinical Strategy and Development.
- Oversees the planning, organization, implementation and direction of TeleHealth Services within the Health System, including: growth objectives, program goals, capital requirements, space allocation, and equipment requirements.
- Initiates and develops the strategic plans, policies and procedures for TeleHealth Services and directs the staff and activities in support of program planning and operations.
- Responsible for promoting high standards of practice through development of policies, protocols, and practice guidelines; as well as by leading clinical areas of professional services and technical services according to disciplined metrics as set forth by the organizations strategic plans.
- Define aim, objective, metrics, and process measures to implement management controls and reporting procedures to ensure that the department has up to date situational awareness of all core issues and operating data pertinent to sound decision making.
- Participates in System Telehealth Steering Committee to facilitate alignment of program goals
- Collaborates with Health System clinical service lines and departments to establish and optimize coordinated operating structures for a wide variety of TeleHealth Services.
- Collaborates with other clinical service line directors to develop their Telehealth Program policies and procedures to minimize unnecessary variation between services.
- Leads daily operations, interprets changes in the marketplace, generates ideas, and participates in quality assurance initiatives that increase our market advantage.
- Interacts with and promotes the organization and its quality standards and metrics with client organizations, with professional organizations, and in presentations and publications.
- Presents and reviews quarterly program reports and quality data to Health System leadership.
- Reviews and prioritizes financial and capital expenditures by assessing profitability, alignment with business objectives and budget parameters.
- Provides financial and administrative oversight and problem resolution guidance.
- Develops and oversees the budget for the department; advise and assist the company with clinical expense budget and cost forecasting.
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of TeleHealth Services consistent with the programs developed that optimize best practices of patient care.
- Monitors and evaluates the impact of industry trends on the area’s current business performance and competitive outlook.
- Ensures active communication with all external and internal constituencies to establish strong relationships that are complimentary and consistent with organizational goals and strategic needs.
- Ensure that staff is properly allocated with appropriate resources in order to achieve project deliverables and expectations of clients, while maintaining appropriate revenue goals and margins.
- Collaborates with Health System technology leadership on system operational performance. Reports any physical or computer security breaches to Security Administration.
- Adheres to IT standardized quality measurements and expectations for daily management, reimbursement issues and public reporting requirements.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State and City rules, regulations and tax laws.
- Oversees the development, review and distribution of reports and procedural statements which ensure regulatory and policy compliance.
- Hires, trains, supervise, counsels and evaluates direct reports.
- Mentors developing Operational Leaders including assisting with strategic planning of initiatives focused on Health System priorities.
- Manage staff development and training with a focus on productivity, staff retention.
- Conducts and submits annual performance appraisals.
- Develops relationships with outside consultants and industry associations to ensure quality improvement process retains validity and maintains the latest techniques and concepts. Keeps executive leadership and stakeholders well informed.
- Oversees the assessment of services and development of new programs and research projects to ensure future organizational growth and prosperity.
- Reviews comprehensives of Evidenced Based Clinical Practice on an on-going basis and develops strategies for program adaptation to market changes.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressively responsible clinical management experience, required.
- Demonstrated leadership, facilitative and clinical educational skills, required.
- Excellent communication and change management skills, required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various levels of clinicians, required.
- Project management experience or management of a PMO required.
- Working understanding of continuous improvement principles and methods (i.e. lean, six sigma, model for improvement)
- Advanced interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, required
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.