Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Designer, User Experience at Mount Sinai
Our Consumer Digital team at Mount Sinai Health System is seeking a hands-on Lead User Experience and User Interface Designer to join our quickly growing group. As Senior Designer you will get to work on a high-caliber team within one of the top health systems in the world. You'll drive design vision and strategy, collaborate with a team of passionate product managers, engineers, and designers, and be the advocate for a large and diverse patient population to create seamless, accessible, and transparent consumer-facing experiences.
What you will do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle. You’ll gather insights, explore possibilities, shape the user experience, and follow through to development and release.
- You’ll partner closely with our designers, engineering and product managers to synthesize ideas and define requirements.
- Create user-centered designs considering data from a variety of internal and external sources, user feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Create workflows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives and features.
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant experiences.
- Work autonomously, take ownership of your work and effectively manage priorities.
Who you are:
Bachelor’s degree (design or equivalent) is required
- Between 5-10 years of relevant work experience, as a UX/UI or Product Designer or comparable title, preferably 1-2 years working directly on B2C products.
- You have a compelling portfolio demonstrating experience creating human-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides) for mobile and desktop.
- You have experience working in a collaborative team, partnering closely with product management to help shape product discovery, and working directly with developers on implementing designs.
- Experienced in conducting user research, particularly usability testing, and turning the output into qualitative and quantitative data that can drive product design decisions.
- Fluent in information architecture, as well as seasoned knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- You are experienced in designing scalable design systems and applications.
- You have a talent for crafting imaginative design solutions while maintaining user expectations through pattern consistency.
- You have established and maintained a design component library.
- Strong understanding of web standards, browser and mobile capabilities, and UX best practices.
- Willingness to give and accept constructive criticism and rapidly adapt to feedback.
- Expertise in design/prototyping tools of the trade, such as Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, Photoshop, and testing platforms, such as UserTesting.com.
What's nice to have:
- Proficiency in Framer X and After Effects
- Previous experience in healthcare or some knowledge of U.S. health systems or hospital networks
- Some exposure or experience in digital marketing
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply!