Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Bioinformatician II works with researchers and/or biologists on innovative genomic analyses of structural variation, epigenetics, and gene expression in an integrated environment combining experimental and bioinformatic approaches to human disease. This is a key role for a bioinformatics analyst who will lead a variety of projects and gain exposure to many productive areas of research. S/he develops/supports multiple research projects by delivering bioinformatics services for bio-medical data from cutting-edge genomic technologies
This individual demonstrates strong statistical and biological programming proficiencies with proven expertise in genomic analysis and advanced knowledge of analytical methodologies.
- Develop and lead a variety of bioinformatics analysis projects.
- Write custom scripts for analysis of genomic data derived from high-throughput techniques.
- Manage databases, conduct statistical and genomic analysis, and participate in the preparation of manuscripts and presentations.
- Collaborate with wet-bench biologists and work independently to analyze data derived from several types of projects using microarrays and high-throughput sequencing.
- Conducts analysis of microarray and high-throughput sequencing data, genome sequence analysis, experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Performs quality control and analysis.
- Other related duties as assigned
- M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Sciences, Statistics or related discipline. PhD. in related field preferred.
- 4 years of experience in research environment, including 2 years, manipulating large biological datasets.
- Advanced knowledge of genetics and/or statistics analysis software and online resources. Experience in programming environments such as Matlab, R statistical package, BioConductor, Perl and C++.
- Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Experience analyzing high-throughput genomic datasets.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.