Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Prepares the patient for exams and procedures
- Explains treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients
- Administers medications including all types of injections, IV therapy as needed and within the scope of licensure.
- Provides basic patient care and treatments, such as but not limited to: dressing wounds, performing catheterizations or applying compresses.
- Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately.
- Cleans and prepare medical treatment rooms for patient visits
- Schedules follow-up appointments for patients as needed.
- Enters patient information into the computer accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides clerical support to patients such as but not limited to making appointments, booking procedures, obtaining pre-authorizations and answering telephones.
- Manages medical inventory and supply ordering based on par levels.
- Other clinical responsibilities as assigned. Must work under the supervision of the physician or Registered Nurse.
- LPN Program certificate
- Current LPN License
- 1+ year as Licensed Practical nurse preferred
- IV and/or phlebotomy skills preferred
- Complete competency skill checklist within first 3 months.