Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Sterile Processing - #2605186
Instruments Manager, Sterile Processing - Full Time Days - MSH
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Instruments Manager (Sterile Processing) is responsible for overseeing staff, operations and resources to ensure optimal result and high employee engagement. The manager ensures that the department is run according to institutional policies and any applicable regulatory requirements.
- Managers, oversees, pars and orders instrumentation and supplies to support Sterile Processing and ancillary departments
- Maintains and supports surgical trays through reports and data entry
- Collaborates with OR staff to assure surgical trays meet expectation and requirements
- Oversees day to day sterile processing operations and uses data and fact-based problem solving techniques to improve processes and outcomes. Ensures that all operations run according to institutional and departmental policies and in accordance with any government or regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Recruits, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, mentors, disciplines, and evaluates staff in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives of department or division on a regular basis. Assigns accountabilities, delegates tasks and responsibilities, plans, monitors and appraises job performance.
- Develops, maintains and reconciles departmental budget with financial responsibility and oversight for department or division.
- Plans, develops, and/or maintains departmental standard operating procedures. Regularly reviews policies and procedures and makes changes, or recommends changes to superiors as necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- H.S. Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five years’ experience in Sterile Processing and/or Operating Room preferred. Previous management experience preferred.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification required. Issuing Agency: International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM)
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.