Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Reporting to the Director of AV & Learning Environments, the Technology Specialist, AV Systems Engineering leads implementation projects and provides AV & multimedia consultation and services to constituents across the Mount Sinai Health System. This role will drive the design and implementation of audio visual services, multimedia and collaboration technologies, and the integration of technology-rich learning spaces within the Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) and Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- Partners with academic, research, and administrative management and stakeholders to provide innovative audio visual solutions that promote easy to use in-room collaboration technologies
- Acts as project manager for AV implementation projects and initiatives across MSHS. Liaises between project architects, technology consultants, project committees, and staff through all phases of large project design and ensures that institutional planning strategies and objectives are incorporated into the plans. Creates, communicates and manages project plans and other required project documentation and provides updates as necessary
- Provides project consultation on the design & installation of video and digital media display systems. Acts as a key technical interface to outside integrators and contractors in support of technology installation and ensures that as-built documentation is provided
- Coordinates outside production services for large projects and special events. Provides support for high profile events, including live feeds and program captures
- Provides video and production support to teaching faculty who schedule live demonstrations and exams
- Acts as a liaison between outside companies and Mount Sinai support departments, such as engineering, security and peri-operative services
- Serves as a key a point of contact for the escalation and rapid resolution of AV technology issues for the user community
- Acts as a key technical interface to counterparts supporting IT infrastructure across MSHS, most particularly in the areas of networking and IT security
- Collaborates with counterparts supporting academic systems to ensure effective technology solutions in classrooms and learning spaces
- Conducts research on emerging technologies and recommends technologies that will improve ease of use, performance, reliability, cost effectiveness, and infrastructure flexibility. Maintains knowledge of technological advances & trends in media acquisition, production and distribution, including multi-camera video set-up, engineering and production techniques
- Manages the the campus’s IP video system infrastructure, including expansion, certification testing, and operations. Maintains hardware interfacing for lecture capture system devices
- Provides mentorship and occasional indirect supervision of AV technicians and outside contractors
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technology discipline and 7 years of enterprise AV and collaboration experience
- Prior experience implementing and supporting AV and collaboration solutions in an academic and/or health sciences environment
- Strong familiarity with ITIL service management and project management principles
- Experience interacting with and directing outside system integrators and contractors
- Hands-on experience with a variety of digital collaboration and communication tools, including video conferencing (e.g., Polycom), cloud-based collaboration systems (e.g., Zoom) and lecture capture systems (e.g., Echo 360)
- Extensive knowledge of control systems (Crestron & Extron), audio and video signal flow, amplifiers, microphones, HD cameras, room scheduling systems, and related AV components
- Substantial knowledge of supporting technologies, including networking, DNS, Active Directory, Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Mobile OS, and IT security principles
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.