Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Operating Room Support Coordinator conducts materials/product procurement and replenishment for all perioperative specialty areas.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Manages the shelf stock of all consumables used in the perioperative environment including commodity and implantable products.
2. Uses electronic purchasing and inventory computer systems to place orders directly with vendors.
3. Manages cycle counts, inventory balance adjustments and physical inventory count sheets through software application.
4. Reviews implant logs on a daily basis to replace low quality, high unit cost implantables as they are used.
5. Replaces inventory of frozen tissue as needed.
6. Maintains accurate item and vendor files in the purchasing system by updating all key fields such as description, manufacturer, catalog number, price and inventory bin locations.
7. Provides cross training for all preoperative specialty areas including Cardiac, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Vascular, GU/Gyn, Plastics and Ophthalmology to ensure these areas have trained staff available during periods of short staffing or position vacancies.
8. Interfaces with other support departments to ensure timely and appropriate supply and logistical services
9. Responds quickly and comprehensively to all product and device recalls mandated by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other regulatory agencies.
10. Responds to manufacturer recalls by working with Clinical Nurse Managers and Nurse Coordinators to identify alternate sources of affected products
11. Collaborates with nursing staff to appropriately identify par levels and supply locations. Recommends process changes needed to ensure effective and efficient OR supply levels.
12. Performs other related duties.
High School Diploma required. Some college preferred
- 1 year of general office experience; knowledge of automated purchasing/inventory system a plus
- General Skills
- Good communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with Nursing Coordinators and Nurse Managers.
- Good mathematical skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.