Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Provider Enrollment Analyst (I) is responsible for coordinating the provider
enrollment and payer credentialing efforts for contracted FPA providers with
Medicare and Medicaid. This individual assists in all open provider enrollment
tasks and issues to ensure that providers are reimbursed for services provided
- Enrolls and terminates providers with CMS and other government programs by completing 855 series forms, gathers credentials and associated documentation required for enrollment and process enrollment forms
- Tracks status of "in process" enrollment forms until final approval received
- Files provider ID numbers once assigned by governing agencies and performs system updates as appropriate
- Responsible for the initial setup of new groups and providers for 837P and 835P EDI transactions as well as EFT
- Monitors TES edits, BAR edits, eCommerce edits, and payer denials for issues related to enrollment, and follow-up on claims until resolved
- Coordinates all CBO rebilling efforts due to provider enrollment issues
- Communicates with providers and other departments to escalate issues, share information and promote the process of obtaining documentation required for enrollment
- Assists department administrators and providers in performing online PECOS enrollment
- Responsible for end-to-end Revalidation letter process, downloading list from CMS, obtaining comparison reports from the Medicare Provider Enrollment Database and scheduling providers for online re-enrollment
- Utilizes the reports within the Medicare Provider Database to monitor updates, promptly complete work orders and identify work to be completed
- Performs special projects, reconciliations, research, and analyses, as directed by Management
- Assists management with Meaningful Use and PQRI tracking and reporting
- Supports activities related to internal and external audits of providers and/or departments
- Responds to inquiries and provide information as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent years of Provider/Facility Enrollment or Credentialing experience
- Experience: Two years of healthcare experience including Medicare or Medicaid Provider or Facility Enrollment or Credentialing experience required
- Medical Group and Health Plan knowledge preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and computer skills
- Knowledge of facility based billing/reimbursement methodologies including APCs, as well as knowledge of federal, state and payer specific regulations and policies is a plus
- In depth knowledge of CPT4 and ICD9 Coding
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.