Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Lab Client Services (MSH) - Req Number: 2606734
Job Title: Customer Support Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Customer Support Manager is responsible to plan, organize and direct the day to day operations of the Laboratory Services Department for both in-patient and out-patient.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establish, monitor and evaluate standards of performance for 8 Laboratory Service Representatives.
2. Schedule staff, enter weekly payroll and supervise attendance.
3. Develop, implement and audit policies and procedures related to the daily departmental functions and ensure compliance with clinical and regulatory communication requirements.
4. Provide staff in-services and other training as warranted.
5. Manage client related escalations and escalate internally as required for resolution.
6. Exercise judgment within defined procedures for communicating client issues or requests to appropriate lab areas and administration, as appropriate. Follow-up as required.
7. Monitor and analyze ACD Observer and Reporter call center data to assess service levels / client satisfaction.
8. Review alert value calls for compliance with communication guidelines, track metrics & document daily performance for monthly reporting to QA Manager. Report alert value reporting performance at yearly TQM.
9. Identify and communicate issues related to other order entry portals such as TDS, EDR, EPIC and IBAX.
10. Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels in the medical center as necessary for providing excellent patient care.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
BS in Medical Technology or closely related field.
2 years of customer service or marketing experience.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.