Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for training, supervising, and evaluating administrative and other subordinate staff as applicable. Assists director in the creation of reports and projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the office or practice with supervision, hiring, training, discipline and discharge of all subordinate personnel.
- Prioritizes, organizes and initiates work as necessary to meet the administrative and/or billing needs of the office or practice.
- Works with Administrator or Manager to review office/practice operations and assists in the creation or revision of policies and procedures.
- Periodically reviews office performance and identifies areas for improvement. May work in conjunction with other departments.
- Assists Management in the creation of reports and projects, as assigned.
- Maintains currency in all applicable computer programs, for coverage and training of subordinate staff.
Education: Associate Degree or equivalent in business or related field
Experience: 3 years in administrative environment. 1 year supervisory experience
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of computer billing systems
Excellent organizational, problem-solving and supervisory skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.