Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for the supervision and coordination of administrative and general office activities, consistent with departmental objectives, administrative policies and practices. Provides direct supervision for administrative and office support staff such as secretarial/administrative assistants, medical assistants, schedulers, data management and medical records staff. Ensures successful delivery of support services within the department or unit, including, but not limited to: human resources activity, payroll, purchasing and budgetary participation.
- Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
- Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
- Establishes, reviews, and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective administrative activities.
- Makes recommendations regarding fiscal and staffing requirements of the unit to assist in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 years of directly related experience. 1 year in a supervisory role preferred.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.