Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Staff scientist position to work full-time on curating social and environmental data variables in the Sinai EHR. Focus on characterizing traumas, stressors, and life events. Eventual opportunity to present information at conferences and in manuscripts.
- Conducts research involving the understanding of human diseases and the improvement of human health. Engages in clinical investigation or other research, production, technical writing, and related activities.
- Conducts research to develop methodologies, instrumentation and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings.
- Designs and conducts complex clinical research studies requiring the determination and evaluation of alternative methods, computational modeling, diagnosis and treatment.
- Plans and directs studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease.
- Follows strict safety procedures when handling materials to avoid contamination.
- Teaches principles of medicine and medical and laboratory procedures to physicians, residents, students, and technicians.
- Confers with health departments, industry personnel, physicians, and others to develop health safety standards and public health improvement programs.
- Develops treatments and designs research tools and techniques.
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies.
- Develops hypotheses to be tested and methodology for evaluating results.
- Examines the results of clinical trials and adjusts the dosage levels to reduce negative side effects or to induce better results.
- Communicates research results to the scientific community via published papers.
- Develops new proposals for research and obtain support for new and/ or continuing research activities.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on extensive scientific research activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ph.D, in Biological Science or related field
- 2 years experience
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (bioinformatics,
- healthcare, etc).
- Experience with studies of trauma/stressors vital.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.