Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Health System seeks a Prospect Research Analyst who excels at the full range of prospect research activities, from identifying and qualifying potential individual prospects to building portfolios for our frontline colleagues. We are especially interested in a new team member who enjoys information management and data visualization, is technologically savvy and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has an inquisitive mind, strong analytical and communication skills, and is a willing and positive team player.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Verify high-level capacity ratings on wealth-screened lists using research resources such as WealthEngine and LexisNexis. Provide notes and analysis of key findings, including ratings, and assign prospects to proper service line for maximum potential.
- Partner with assigned gift officers and service lines to build their portfolios to successfully meet their goals. Align and partner with the Prospect Strategy and Management team to provide biographic and philanthropic information to support strategic and tactical next steps for pipeline movement.
- Research and write profiles on potential and current donors to MSHS for various audiences across the health system. Also assist in preparing event-focused research and provide additional data to support follow up efforts.
- Other projects and activities as assigned by the prospect research team. Collaborate on prospect identification and verification projects as needed, including projects that support external teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- Two years' experience in development research or a related field such as library sciences, academic research, financial analysis, law/paralegal, or similar professional role with an emphasis on data/information a plus.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Experience with development research tools and resources a plus. Raiser's Edge (including Raiser’s Edge NXT) experience is a plus. Knowledge of Tableau or any comparable data visualization tool is also a plus.
- Must understand information management in a database structure, particularly the ability to store, retrieve, analyze, and maintain data.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organization, communication and time management skills. Strong writing skills are a plus.
- Must be committed to protecting the confidentiality of our constituency, and to collecting information ethically.
- Able to work collegially in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with insights into how best to support fundraising officers
- Organized and responsive team player with a good sense of humor.
- Interest in data science and information management is a plus, with opportunity to grow.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.