Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Patient Financial Services
Job Title: Revenue Cycle Assistant
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Revenue Cycle Assistant is responsible for various aspects of the receivable management process for the Patient Financial Services (PFS) Department. The Revenue Cycle Assistant collect, analyze data within the Patient Accounting Systems and ensure proper reimbursement for services provided and in compliance with coding, payment rules and regulations.
- Answer questions, resolve issues related to patient account statements, balance due, and other patient and insurance billing issues.
- Analyze patients’ issues presented by collecting information, and conducting thorough research within the Patient Accounts System.
- Review information for appropriate solution and take necessary action to resolve issues.
- Reconcile patient accounts receivable deposit including payment/charge posting.
- Follow through on all patients/customers issues promptly and accurately until completion. Ensure that all work items are tracked into Eagle System.
- Communicate with patients/customers, collection agency, internal departments in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Review specific cases, re-bill and follow-up with third party payers for accounts receivables.
- Perform assigned duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred.
- Microsoft Office – Intermediate.
- Working knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 coding and medical terminology
- 2 years of experience in medical practice/outpatient coding/payment/charge posting preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.