Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for the management of front end financial operations for The Ruttenberg Treatment Center, Therapeutic Infusion and Dubin Breast Center. The Supervisor will oversee billing staff and well as the entire revenue process including patient eligibility, charge work queues, denial management and patient financial assistance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage Financial Administrative Coordinators and Billing Specialists. Ensures all areas are covered, approve vacation/time of and enforce disciplinary action when necessary
- Complete and distribute daily, weekly and monthly reports related to financial clearance statuses, open encounters denials, write offs and other front end related metrics
- Manage charge work queues for respective sites. Provides oversite of the charge release process including correction of charges, provider changes, unfinished variables, coding follow up and modification of demographic errors
- Oversee patient insurance eligibility process including review of daily eligibility dashboards and assigns staff to work daily queues and follow up on all pending patients prior to their visit
- Run and distributes open encounter emails to physicians and nursing staff in an effort to release charges in a timely manner. Provides assistance to clinicians with issues closing encounters
- Uses Key Performance Indicators to develop improvement plans for needed areas. Supervisor will be expected to establish goals and execute strategies for reducing both preventable/ non-preventable denials
- Work with administrative management to help train registration staff to reduce front end related denials and write-offs
- Collaborates with authorization teams, faculty practice billing management and clinical staff, assists with follow up on urgent treatment emails and clinical justifications
Education: Associate's degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience: 3 years of directly related experience. 1 year in a supervisory role preferred.