Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Operating Room Support - #2611356
Per Diem Surgical Care Associate - Operating Room Support
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Replenish and arrange neatly scrub brushes, hoods, caps, masks and booties.
- Maintain cleanliness of shelves, work counters and utility carts.
- Distribute processed instrument sets, equipment and supplies in appropriate work and storage area.
- Keep containers and storage areas clean and in proper order; clean shelves weekly and as often as necessary.
- Ensures every operating room has a Surgicounter™ on the dock and cleans the Surgicounter™ during room turnover.
- Distribute equal supply of patient gowns, blankets, sheets and wrappers in all storage areas; fold and arrange neatly.
- Ensure to document in the marble book and log book when the specimen is sent out of the specialty area.
- Transport the pre-operative patient to the holding area or appropriate surgical suite or procedure room.
- Transport blood specimens and other stat specimens to the appropriate laboratory, or send VIA Pneumatic system as directed by the surgical team member
- Clean stretcher with appropriate solution and change linen after transporting each patient.
- Assist with maintaining cleanliness of the Operating Rooms and environment including O.R. bathrooms.
- Clean the Operating Room after each procedure following O.R. cleaning protocol.
- Assist scrub and circulator with gathering and set up of supplies and equipment.
- Set up suction canisters with tubing, assist as directed with electro cautery, video equipment, laser equipment and other required items.
- Retrieve appropriate positioning equipment and assist in positioning patient.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner
- Visual and aural acuity to assess patient within parameters of job responsibilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively witha a wide variety of individuals.
- Oriented to consumer satisfaction.
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity to perform a variety of tasks and skills in area of assignment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.