Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept: Tisch Cancer Center REQ # 2612874
Title: Senior Scientist
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount
Sinai, in New York, is seeking a highly-motivated individual to participate in,
and help drive, cutting edge research and development of hematopoietic stem
cell-derived cellular therapies. The successful applicant will be part of an
interdisciplinary team led by Drs. Camelia Iancu-Rubin and Ronald Hoffman.
• Design and perform primary assays of hematopoietic stem cell selection, expansion, and differentiation at both research and clinical scale.
• Design, perform and supervise technical personnel in phenotypic and functional characterization of cellular subsets both ex vivo and in vivo.
• Develop and implement new/improved methodologies to optimize/enhance hematopoietic stem cell expansion, differentiation and engineering.
• Integrate phenotypic and functional parameters with epigenetic, transcriptional and genomic data and translate findings into clinical applications.
• Maintain and analyze complex datasets and prepare reports, presentations and manuscripts.
• Contribute to both basic research and GMP-level development of cellular therapies for clinical utilization.
• Maintain transparent interactions with PIs, as well as collaborate and communicate effectively with team members to help ensure overall success of the team.
• Supervise and/or mentor trainees and technical staff..
• PhD in biological sciences, life sciences, biochemistry or equivalent with 5 years or more experience in stem cell research or MS-level scientist with 10 or more years experience.
Skills & Capabilities:
• Outstanding stem cell research knowledge and hands-on experience, preferably in hematopoiesis (e.g., cell culture, phenotypic and functional characterization of cell populations, flow cytometry, in vivo assays, etc.).
• Excellent track record in performing stem cell-related research as evidenced by high impact publications, presentations and collaborations.
• Skill in molecular biology, including gene cloning and transfection/expression, considered a plus.
• Strong, self-driven work ethic and team-working skills as evidenced by ability to work independently, and contribute to overall team efforts while adhering to deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills as well as precise record/data-keeping.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, as evidenced by ability to manage several projects concurrently.
• Good understanding of analytic complexities associated with translation of laboratory findings into the clinic, including, but not limited to, knowledge of production scale and regulatory requirements.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.