Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Consumer Digital - Req # 2613310
Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Mount Sinai Health System is accelerating a transition to a business and operating model oriented towards the changing demands of the healthcare industry. Success in this new model requires an expanded focus on a unified and consumer grade digital experience. Mount Sinai is developing new offerings to engage at home, at work, and in the community as well as improve the experience of our traditional clinics. New product lines involve offerings such as proactive memberships to help people stay healthy and make it easy and transparent to get care when needed.
The Consumer Digital department is operating like a startup, building a SaaS product for health systems. We are creating a brand new communications platform as a foundation to execute across these new product lines. We partner with top progressive physicians and clinical operations professionals to launch demonstration sites within the health system. This pilots act as our lab to iterate and improve the user experience so we can then expand system wide to help improve the lives of our over 2MM active patients. The areas we want to improve include:
● Access - How people search for, educate, and get care they need
● Navigation - How well we orchestrate the entire care journey
● Cost & Payment - Building transparency into costs up front and making it easy to pay
● Clinical Outcomes - Ultimately improving the well being of patients and our community
As a QA Engineer you will get to work on a high-caliber team within one of the top health systems in the world. To drive this expanded focus on the consumer, the Mount Sinai Health System is building out the Consumer Digital team. QA Engineering is responsible for ensuring robust, beautiful, consumer-grade experiences are delivered using the latest mobile and web technologies and design considerations. You will be the advocate for quality and own building and automating test suites to ensure it. You will collaborate with the Product, Design, and Development teams, as well as clinical, operations, and pilot rollout teams. The ultimate goal is to deliver real-world, modern products that help patients with access, navigation, service, payments, and overall clinical outcomes. The long-term vision for the team is to scale this platform across the enterprise and potentially ‘spin out’ to develop products for and with other health systems.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Quality Assurance Professional: We are looking for a software engineer with 1 to 5 years of experience performing QA and QA automation engineering tasks for web and mobile consumer grade applications. Computer Science, Bio Engineering or equivalent Bachelor's College degree preferred.
QA Acumen: At a minimum, the ideal candidate will exhibit the majority of the following competencies:
● Product Requirements analysis
● User/Persona analysis and mimicking
● Quality Assurance process
● Scrum/Agile processes, Story breakdown, Test case writing, Bug reporting
● Software engineering practices for writing automated tests
● Go, Java or other strongly typed language experience
● Libraries and frameworks for automating tests like Puppeteer, Mocha, Jest, Selenium
● User Journey Mapping
● SQL query analysis a plus for data analytics
● Healthcare and/or consumer product experience a plus
Entrepreneurial Heritage: Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to quickly develop product concepts, with a focus on continuous improvement and long-term career goals to be part of a startup-like company focused on dramatically improving US healthcare
● Customer-Focused: Put yourself in the shoes of the customer, a patient needing help. Build the system you would want for you or your family during a time of need.
● Pathfinder: Nothing beats a relentless desire to innovate despite all obstacles. Hustle and find a way.
● Curiosity: Never stop learning. Challenge ideas and look at the data. “The capacity to learn is a gift. The ability to learn is a skill. The willingness to learn is a choice.” - Brian Herbert
● Opinionated: Bring innovative ideas to the table. Don’t be afraid to be wrong, and know how to have a professional, best-ideas-win debate. Collaborate and work together to refine.
● Passion: Empathy with a bias for action to make an impact on healthcare. Love what you do.
● High Standards: Iterate. Do not settle; great products are made in the last 10% of polish. We are building consumer grade experiences for people in need of healing, and they deserve the best.
● Ownership: Demonstrate follow-through on whatever you do. Take on any task necessary to help.