Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the oversight of directing, planning, and coordinating department efforts in patient safety, quality performance measurement, and action planning.
- Responsible for outcomes: development and dissemination of best practices in the science of quality and safety that create reliable system design, enhancement and maintenance of a strong safety culture, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, risk mitigation, and cultivation of relationships across departments.
- Responsible for oversight of 3-4 employees made up Quality Specialty team and Practice and Regulatory.
- Position reports into the Chief Nursing Officer.
- BSN, required; Masters in Nursing or Health related field, required; DNP or PhD, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in quality/performance improvement, JCAHO, Magnet, etc.
- Minimum of 7 years as a nursing leader with progress
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.