Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Technology Transactions Manager (‘TTM’) at Mount Sinai Innovation Partners (‘MSIP’) is responsible for drafting, negotiating, and rapidly iterating a variety of contracts and other binding agreements that enable scientific discovery and innovation for the School of Medicine, including: Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Collaboration and Consortium Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, as well as review and negotiation of intellectual property licenses in collaboration with business development directors. The TTM has an advanced understanding of basic science and research methods, intellectual property, contracts law, and deal-making in the technology commercialization space. In addition to the foregoing, the TTM provides a supporting role with respect to intellectual property issues for agreements handled by the President’s Office, the FACTS Office (i.e. clinical trials), the Grants and Contracts Office, as well as the Conflicts of Interest Office. The TTM regularly partners with Mount Sinai investigators, the MSIP Business Development Team, and third-party constituents to establish mutually-agreeable terms that facilitate the research activity, optimize its value, and protect the interests the institutions. The TTM reports to the Associate Director of Technology Transactions.
The TTM is an experienced contracts strategist, a prolific executer, a relationship-builder, and a problem-solver with advanced emotional intelligence, exceptional communication and organization skills, and the ability to effectively work with a diverse set of individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates, and executes terms and conditions for all research-enabling agreements, as well as intellectual property licenses.
- Reviews and manages the work of the Contracts Associate(s) and Paralegal(s).
- Monitors and reports process activity (i.e., volumes, durations, quality, and satisfaction); participates in and/or leads process improvement projects; pursues process automations; and, ensures data completeness and accuracy in the system of record (Inteum).
- Creates and maintain agreement templates and other process tools.
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Participates in/contributes to Business Development Team activities, like: Decision Meetings, customer meetings, outreach and seminars, etc., and other MSIP projects and initiatives.
- Other relevant duties as assigned
For more information about Mount Sinai
Innovations Partners, visit www.ip.mountsinai.org.
- JD, or equivalent contract drafting and execution experience
- 5 years contracting or law, preferably related to technology commercialization or IP
- Advanced knowledge of standard office software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to establish and execute priorities
- Ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment, negotiating a high-volume and variety of agreements, while creatively maneuvering obstacles and adhering to policy and procedure
- Flexibility and ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently and ability to act cooperatively with many individuals
- Ability to cultivate and maintain healthy and productive relationships with faculty, commercial sponsors, outside counsel and Mount Sinai staff and leadership
- Detail-oriented and ability to perform with accuracy
- Positive, energetic, team-oriented with a professional outlook
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.