Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Prepares regulatory submission for IRB review for new protocols, protocol amendments, and renewals of ongoing clinical research studies on behalf of the Principal Investigator, including writing informed consent forms.
- Assists Investigators with the development of protocols for Investigator-initiated studies.
- Aids in the preparation and negotiation of study budgets for sponsored research and oversees all clinical trial start-up activities.
- Assist in recruitment and data management of internal protocols in collaboration with clinical trainees.
- Obtains informed consent under supervision of the Principal Investigator or independently as required by the study protocol.
- Coordinates the clinical assessments of the study subjects including but not limited to screening and evaluation of the study subjects.
- Ensures accurate and complete collection of subject data through chart reviews and timely data entry into case report forms.
- Perform other related duties incidental to clinical trial work (i.e. audit documents and pertinent files and prepare for storage, obtain study related equipment.). Coordinate specimen retrieval, shipping, and tracking to research laboratories.
- Report and interpret genetic test results for physicians and research participants.
- Provide genetic counseling to research participants as needed on issues such as: interpretation of carrier test results, issues of concern that were identified in pregnancy, medical and/or family histories, the availability of carrier and/or diagnostic testing options, whether or not genetic counseling/testing is medically indicated, and basic information about rare and common genetic/chromosome disorders.
- Provide patients and physicians with normal, inconclusive and/or abnormal test results, recommending and arranging for appropriate follow-up testing and/or counseling, clarifying specimen requirements, and relaying billing information.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of Masters level Genetic Counseling students during their research and metabolic rotations. Advises Genetic Counseling students for Masters thesis.
- Assist with data analysis and manuscript preparation for various studies.
- Performs other related duties.
- Master's degree in Genetic Counseling. American Board of Genetic Counseling Certification eligible
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills