Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Cardiology - 2619832
- Responsible for the provision of educational programs, clinical support, clinical consultation and advanced practice specialty practice involving all levels of nursing personnel within the assigned Clinical Specialty Area.
- Develops, teaches, coordinates and evaluates educational programs with full accountability for same.
- Collaborates with clinical nurse manager/clinical coordinator to assess educational needs of staff, plan programs and provide continuous competency assessment of staff.
- Acts as a clinical and educational resource to all levels of nursing personnel and the health care team.
- Participates in the assessment, implementation and ongoing evaluation of clinical services for a designated patient population.
- Serves as a resource to patients and family/caregivers
- Develops and supports preceptors in their role, as appropriate.
- Provides mentorship to students/staff.
- Participates and promotes collegiality within the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Communicates effectively with others and acknowledges effects of behavior on others.
- Assumes preceptor responsibilities as needed to facilitate role transition of new clinical staff members.
- Assumes preceptor responsibilities for newly hired Nursing Education staff.
- Participates in the clinical practices and educational programs for health care professionals/students.
- Utilizes standards, policies and procedures as appropriate resources.
- Serves as program leader/facilitator for assigned educational programs.
- Participates in continuous quality performance improvement processes within the Nursing Department / Specialty Areas.
- Maintain records of educational programs and compliance with all regulatory agency requirements.
- Identifies problems, issues, safety, and practice concerns in the clinical area and initiates chain of command.
- Acts as a change agent for new initiatives and programs.
- Supports the mission, vision, philosophy, and goals of the Department of Nursing and the Medical Center.
- Maintains clinical expertise in area of specialization.
- Participates in nursing research/evidence base practice activities and utilizes same in clinical practice/educational initiatives.
- Considers ethical issues of professional nursing practice and adheres to the code of ethics.
- Demonstrates a humanistic, kind and caring attitude in the delivery of health care.
- Chairs and/or participates in Department of Nursing and Medical Center committees.
- Serves as a professional resource to other members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Treats co-workers, patients and families with dignity and respect.
- Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of older people, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
- Attends and participates in conferences and seminars.
- Must read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Physical stamina and manual dexterity necessary to perform and teach designated skills/tasks in area of assignment.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing. Masters Degree in nursing required.
- 4 years of related nursing experience - 1 year in a teaching or leadership position required.
- RN NY License
- CTICU / CICU / Cardiac RN Experience