Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
This individual serves as a Grant or Contract reviewer for the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Interacts with the faculty, departmental administrators, finance and institutional compliance committees on all Sponsored Programs and research programs. Represent the Institution to non-profit funding agencies, federal government officials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review approximately seven hundred grant applications per year for all pre-award financial and administrative policies on behalf of Institution’s central business office. Interact with departmental administrators, faculty and extramural funding agencies (Federal, NY State, non-profit etc.) to enforce needed corrections prior to institutional endorsement. The need for significant oversight and training in this area is expected
- Responsible for correct compliance characterization of the above applications and routing to the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, Institutional Review Board, Bio-Safety Officer and Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Committee
- Review and provide Just-In-Time, supplemental and amended information to extramural sponsors on above applications
- Provide information to Sponsored Programs Accounting for fund activation
- Report to the Associate Dean of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Assistant Director, Grants and Contracts Office regarding research-related activities
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience; NCURA or SRA certification is preferred
- 6 years of related experience, with a thorough knowledge of grants and contracts administration at a level generally acquired through three or more years of central office grants management experience or two years experience and completion of NCURA Sponsored Programs Administration levels I and II
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.