Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
As a Digital Marketing Manager with the
Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, you will have a direct
role in the growth and positioning of the Institute of Exposomic Research and
the Department on a global scale. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and
Communications you will support the design and implementation of a digital
marketing strategy to enhance opportunities and increase visibility for the
Department and the Institute to our external and internal audiences and
You have leadership experience and will perform a broad range of tasks in support of the Institute and Department’s strategic objectives including digital marketing management, content development and management, campaign development, and internal and external relations. You will also support the Communication’s work in media relations, event coordination and promotion. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer and an analytical thinker with an ambitious, collaborative spirit and passion for outreach and audience engagement.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director in the design, implementation and management of digital marketing efforts for the Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health and the Institute
- Leverage knowledge of marketing best practices to develop effective strategies and measurable tactical approaches
- Provide expertise and input as active participant of developing integrated marketing plans that include traditional and digital objectives and strategies, designed to establish brand awareness, consideration and conversion tactics
- Conceptualizes compelling content and internal/external storytelling opportunities to explore and explain the work of the Institute and Department; conduct interviews with researchers, clinicians, and patients to create content for social, web, and print
- Work closely with other Central Marketing teams (press, internal communications, creative, etc.) to ensure that campaigns maximize our content and opportunities and are on track to meet or exceed campaign goals
- Work with the Central Marketing’s Search Engine Optimization Manager to develop strategies to promote services and drive website traffic
- Ability to interpret and analyze data from digital marketing campaigns (i.e. email, display, search, social, etc.) to formulate key insights and determine opportunities for optimizing performance
- Provide reporting regularly to leadership on the status of digital marketing efforts and campaign performance
- Takes a lead responsibility for developing web site content and editing content provided by Department faculty and staff, ensuring that the tone and language are consistent with the MSHS editorial guidelines
- Oversee the development and creation of faculty laboratory websites
- Assist faculty and staff to translate basic science, clinical, and education news into compelling content for landing pages, email campaigns, newsletters, banners, paid search, and other online programs
- Work closely with the technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new content and site development
- Supports the development of printed material, press releases, and digital media
- Adheres to Corporate Marketing procedures and style guides and may develop standardized internal policies and procedures
- Writes, edits, and proofreads content as needed
- Assists in researching and drafting annual report content
- Assists with event planning and promotion of events to internal and external audiences
- Performs staff management functions including, training, performance evaluation, disciplinary action
- Performs other duties as required
- Master's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or related field or combination of equivalent education and experience
- Experience: 8 years of communications and/or marketing experience
- Solid understanding of best practices in external and internal communications, marketing, media relations and engaging target audiences
- Experience in writing for SEO, measuring effectiveness and optimizing content for continuous improvement in performance
- Experience in developing, implementing and measuring social media campaigns
- Experience in editorial and scientific writing
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to solve problems, propose solutions, prioritize and multi-task
- Must be reliable, creative, flexible and self-motivated
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.