Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Nash Family Center for Advanced Circuit Therapeutics at Mount Sinai Morningside seeks a Research Assistant to facilitate behavioral research in a clinical setting. The mission of The Center is to advance treatment of psychiatric and neurological disorders with innovation in deep brain stimulation. The Research Assistant will staff on-going studies that use research measures such as performance on computer-based tasks, surveys and questionnaires. This entry-level position is ideal for an individual seeking exposure to clinical research in an applied setting.
- Conduct routine and standardized experiments using techniques specified for on-going research projects
- Administer and score surveys and questionnaires
- Manage a data base of survey and questionnaire data
- Liaise with clinical staff to schedule patient study participants
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Analyze and assist in interpreting laboratory results of moderate complexity (training provided)
- Conduct routine quality control checks of study protocol and study data
- Assist with acquisition of approval to conduct research with human subjects (e.g., IRBs)
- Attend meetings and generate meeting minutes
- Bachelors degree in science or related field preferred, or a combination of relevant research experience and education
- 0-2 years of clinical or laboratory research experience
- Appropriate verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.