Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Volunteers (MSH) - Req Number: 2623672
Job Title: Volunteer Services Dept (Per Diem)
The Mount Sinai Hospital Department of Volunteer Services is seeking to hire a per diem employee to support the department in clearing its summer surge of volunteers – estimated at 800 in 10 weeks. Ideal candidate will be computer-savvy, and possess a positive attitude, flexibility and initiative, and strong customer service skills. Applicants must be adept at working in a busy office environment with calm and professionalism.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Record-keeping, tracking volunteer clearance data and updating electronic databases;
- Interfacing with and supporting volunteers as they proceed through the electronic volunteer clearance process;
- Answering routine and specific inquires; redirecting inquiries to the appropriate staff member as indicated;
- Providing administrative and/or general office support
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Very strong organizational and computer skills and capacity to quickly learn a new electronic volunteer onboarding and management tool; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, including Excel and PowerPoint, and comfort using the email, calendar, and contacts function of Outlook;
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Initiative, integrity, punctuality and reliability; creativity, flexibility, desire to learn, ability to multitask and remain positive under pressure; ‘can-do’ and positive personality; be a team player and care about helping others;
- Identification with the values of volunteerism, particularly in a healthcare setting.
This position is a full time temporary position; availability from May to August 2020 is a must (March to September 2020 possible). This positon is ideal for an individual who would like exposure to work in a healthcare setting, particularly in an administrative capacity. Compassion for others and openness to volunteers of diverse backgrounds are essential.
Baccalaureate degree required.