Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - Req #2623894
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducts independent analyses and reviews of technical and business requirements, utilizing an in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and directions, business systems and requirements.
2. Develops innovations with business partnerships, enhancing operations and/or providing a competitive advantage to the organization. Acts as the primary technical resource and consultant, in their area of expertise, to senior client and IT management and staff.
3. Ensures technical designs comply with applicable architecture standards and designs are functionally and technically feasible.
4. Validates technology ability to meet business, performance, integration, and scalability requirements for each project.
5. Establishes, communicates, and enforces application design patterns, interface standards, and development guidelines.
6. Promotes and strongly communicates the architectural blueprints to mobilize the rest of the organization to build solutions that fit customer needs.
7. Plays a critical role in the investigation of new technologies to provide development viability of architectural initiatives to meet medium to long term business needs.
8. Adjusts product architecture as customers’ requirements, market conditions and technology evolve.
9. Establishes solutions architectural processes and standards to guide the rest of the development organization.
10. Partners with program managers and development teams on oversight for all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at mutually acceptable solutions.
11. Understands the long-term business objectives and investigates and proposes technology strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology.
12. Works with the development team to translate software architecture into design.
- 12-15 years preferred of related experience, including 8 years of demonstrated ability in technology area.
- Epic HB/PB certifications and experience required.
- In -depth knowledge of associated technology areas that could impact area of responsibility; healthcare technology experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into understandable terms, tailor communication to audience, mediate and facilitate communications between others, and communicate architecture to all levels of management and customers.
- Ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders to resolve significant architecture issues.