Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for driving and supporting creation of a vision, roadmap and operational plan for Enterprise Architecture throughout the Mount Sinai Health System. Enterprise Architecture vision, roadmaps and plans should aligned and support the overall business requests, mission and goals.
This individual researches,
understands and articulates the Enterprise Architecture ecosystem including
technology, industry, partner, and business unit considerations and capability
requirements utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools
and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates and/or leads the review and design for new solutions and develops and documents the technical design for the integration and implementation across the IT landscape.
- Leads in the implementation of enterprise architecture strategies and best practices to support business objectives, while focusing on enterprise standards, processes, and methodologies.
- Participates in integrated systems planning and recommends alternative technologies that will enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall business goals.
- Lead enterprise efforts to create and maintain architecture vision, strategy, planning and roadmap documents
- Support the creation and utilization of reference architecture design and documents
- Represent domain(s) in the various technology review boards and other IT functions and processes
- Develop templates and tools to help embed Enterprise architecture in IT processes as appropriate
- Maintain a thorough understanding of technology trends, futures, philosophies and best practices
- Drive service excellence and a digital workforce through enabling technologies
- Maintain an up to date and highly relevant understanding of emerging capability requirements to support the business in its strategic and operational objectives
- Represent IT infrastructure as broad infrastructure SME in assigned domains
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of the business context and challenges that the organization faces
- Articulate approaches to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant Enterprise technology solutions that truly transform service delivery.
- Possess and cultivate within the team engineering craftsmanship, solutions architecture and expertise supported by the latest tools and techniques.
- Educate the team on emerging models including *aaS, Cloud, Hybrid and ecosystem IT enabling business functions
- Translate business requirement use cases into technical capabilities.
- Accommodate business needs through the analysis and recommendation of appropriate computing environments, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.
- Research and evaluate alternative technical and process solutions, based on industry best practices and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solutions for system design.
- Perform functional analysis and system design, including the creation of
- Provide technical consulting and advisory services on projects, programs and other efforts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, Master’s degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
1. 10 years minimum of related work experience in IT
2. Well versed in technology concepts, tools and processes and the creation of design documents, business cases, Use Case diagrams, roadmaps, and other related systems diagrams and documentation.
3. In depth knowledge of legacy and emerging Technology design philosophy.
4. In depth knowledge of the system development life cycle.
5. In depth knowledge of Cloud solutions (public, private, hybrid)
6. Experience with Cloud Native Architecture principles and specific tooling and approaches to support secure, resilient, and scalable architectures
7. Experience with *aaS architecture, including commercial offerings and the components necessary to implement containerized workloads
8. Familiarity with technology components including but not limited to Applications, Data structures, networking (including sdn),compute, virtualization, hyperconvergence, firewalls, dns, and storage
9. ITIL Framework competency and service excellence mindset required.
10.Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with both healthcare and IT management and staff.
11.Experience in Cloud environments (such as Azure and AWS), cloud services, microservices, and serverless architectures, is required