Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the business aspects of a patient's stay, as well as patient focused care within the Medical Center. Duties include: maintaining census data, scheduling tests and medical procedures, receiving and maintaining inventory and other duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Pre-admits patients to the Medical Center, including taking reservations, obtaining demographic, insurance and other pertinent data, discussing state mandatory regulations, and in general what is to be expected upon admission.
2. Admits patients to the Medical Center, including verifying demographic and insurance information, signing of forms, collecting deposits and obtaining authorizations as necessary.
3. Functions as liaison to insurance companies and the Medicaid Eligibility Office, including screening requests for medical necessity, obtaining prior authorizations when required, pre-certifying admissions, and assisting in document collection.
4. Maintains census and charge data, updating all prevailing systems and compiling information for charge capture.
5. Schedules appropriate tests and medical procedures and follow-up appointments.
6. Assists in chart completion process by maintaining and discharging charts in proper order, compiling deficiency data and working with physicians to complete charts.
7. Greets visitors and answers telephones promptly and courteously. Accompanies visitors to appropriate areas as necessary.
8. Assists patients with guest services such as television and telephone service, securing valuables, etc. Provides information and makes referrals as appropriate.
9. Receives and maintains business office inventory for the care center.
10. Answers call system and refers to appropriate staff.
11. Other duties as assigned, including reporting/following up on lost/found patient property, review of death certificates for completion and accuracy, generation of reports, etc.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.