Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Project Manager I – Department of Clinical Innovation
Mount Sinai Hospital is looking for eager applicants to join the department of Clinical Innovation’s Digital Engagement Team. The Digital Engagement team overseas the operational aspects and scope of several technology projects that look to leverage new and existing IT infrastructure to improve patient experiences and clinical outcomes.
The Project Manager I role for the Department of Clinical Innovation is a blended Project Management and IT role. The Project Manager creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources and assigns individual responsibilities. Effectively applies project methodology and enforces standards while ensuring quality assurance procedures.
In addition to traditional project manager work, this role will require flexibility and the ability to take on additional tasks as the projects and priorities change. Potential work & roles include – Training/Trainer, Reporting, Data Analytics, Market Research, IT, Patient Engagement & More. Experience in all these areas is not required, but a willingness to learn new skills and push oneself is required.
The Project Manager will also asked to take on tasks with limited information, work independently, and find creative solutions to achieve the project goals, sometimes with little direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Alters plans and makes recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project.
Digital Engagement Projects including but not limited to:
· Mount Sinai Patient Care Tablets
· Digital Whiteboards & Digital Room Display
· Mobile Patient Tools
· Patient Meal Ordering App
· Hospital Room of the Future
· Voice Activated Workflows
· Robotic Process Automation
· Patient Satisfaction Improvement
2. Communicates project initiatives and tasks to team members and committee
members clearly and regularly.
3. Works with project team subordinates to set meaningful performance objectives; sets specific performance goals and identifies measures for evaluating goal achievement.
4. Provides feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities.
5. Communicates high expectations; sets goals, and performs follow-up activities.
6. Monitors progress toward project milestones to ensure metrics are met in a timely fashion. Prepares project reports for stakeholders as required.
7. Facilitates coordination of all elements which support project work (meetings, agendas, deliverables, etc.). Maintains/updated schedules and calendars.
8. Initiates and maintains strategic relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the health system to advance clinical and business goals.
9. Ensures that those responsible for implementing a strategic initiative have role clarity and accountability for required actions.
10. Performs other related duties.
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Hospital Administration, Business, Project Management, or a related discipline
- 3+ years (higher preferred) of relevant experience; project management experience preferred.
- Potential Candidates should possess the following characteristics:·
Friendly and Outgoing
Patient focused & empathic
Good communication skills verbal and written
Comfortable with ambiguity & uncertainty
Able to manage projects from inception to successful implementation
Able to foster working relationships with the team members and clients
Willing to take risk, try new things, fail, and try again
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
PMP Certification (a plus, but not required)
Experience with Epic EMR (a plus, but not required)
Experience creating reports (a plus, but not required)