Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Purchasing - Supply Chain
Job Title: Buyer - Expediter
The Expediter handles purchasing and expediting transactions in a manner that complies with the health system’s Purchasing Policy, and all other relevant procedures and processes. The Expediter is responsible to help monitor and ensure that all orders placed with vendors arrive in a timely manner. The Expediter communicates where there will be significant delays to end-users, Materials Management, Sourcing, Buyers, etc. This individual places orders and obtain confirmations where alternate orders need to be placed to substitute, replace, or supplement delayed or unavailable orders. Written and verbal communication skills are critical for the Expediter role as he/she will need to not only collaborate and coordinate with suppliers but also various internal stakeholders in a timely manner. The Expediter should have a good overall knowledge and understanding of health system supply chain processes, and familiarity with the vendor base, purchased items, and contracts.
- Monitor and ensure that all orders placed with vendors arrive in a timely manner by regularly viewing reports such as the GHX AutoPO confirmations, Open Order Report, prior POH information.
- Review GHX AutoPO order issues in the AM and PM, and contact vendors who do not provide confirmations via GHX for AutoPO orders.
- Review the Open PO Order Report daily, and contact vendors whose orders do not show as received as of 48 hours ago.
- Obtain PODs and provide to end-users, Materials Management where vendor confirms shipment.
- Communicate where there will be significant delays to end-users, Materials Management, Sourcing, Buyers, etc. (Materials Management to confirm if they can borrow from another site until product comes in.)
- Communicate and coordinate with end-users, Materials Management, Sourcing, Buyers when items are on backorder, discontinued, delayed, etc. for agreed action ie. continue waiting, order from alternate supplier, identify and source substitute, cancel order, etc.
- Through the communications, prioritizes which orders are more patient care sensitive and need to be addressed as a first priority.
- Guides requesters to place Requisitions or adjusts purchase orders accordingly.
- Processes purchase orders and obtains confirmations where alternate orders need to be placed to substitute, replace, or supplement delayed or unavailable orders according to established policies, procedures and processes.
- Addresses Ship/Service Holds to get orders released, escalate as necessary.
- Coordinate with Vendor Management Team as necessary.
- Tracks and prepares update reports to management on orders expedited on a daily basis.
- Follows all MSHS policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in purchasing, retail management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and applicable work experience
- Minimum of 2 years purchasing experience in a healthcare environment with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Prior working knowledge and use of supply chain processes and ERP systems. Solid computer skills coupled with outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of MSHS Supply Chain and Purchasing policies, procedures, and processes
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good use of MS Office
- Functional experience with ERP systems.
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrate customer service, good collaboration and teamwork