Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- Admitting and Throughput Dept REQ # 2633374
Job Title: Clinical RN Program Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Program Manager is a
Registered Professional Nurse who participates in the coordination of clinical
programs and services for designated patient populations, collaborates with
clinical teams to facilitate patient admissions, discharges, intra-hospital and
inter-facility transfer processes and is responsible for assuring compliance
with mandated clinical interventions inclusive of core measures within the
medical center. Oversees daily health center activities, which includes policy
and program development, staff training, hiring/interviewing new staff, patient
assessments, and managing patient emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinates assignment of beds based on appropriate level of care and patient aggregation from the Emergency Department, Perioperative Services, Direct Admissions, patient transfers within the hospital and transfers from other hospitals identified by the Transfer Center. Includes all entry points into the organization.
2. Promotes optimum utilization of hospital beds by conducting rounds and communicating with admission planners, admitting staff, Emergency Department, Perioperative Services, Transfer Center and staff on the patient care units regarding bed availability, current census and admission needs.
3. In conjunction with Nursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, coordinates performance improvement activities within designated clinical specialties, that include but are not limited to: the verification of isolation and infectious precautions patient populations, constant observation and patient restraints review, risk management activities identifying and communicating issues of risk, discharge planning and follow-up, patient and family education and quality improvement programs. Oversees compliance to these operations by using data and fact-based problem solving techniques to improve processes and outcomes.
4. Develops and designs action plans to support performance and provides support and educational resources to departments and services for optimal care delivery.
5. Oversees the collection, compilation, and analysis of all throughput activity data to evaluate operational performance and competence Coordinates 6AM Census, Bed Management Updates, and collect and report monthly data as needed. Addresses and resolves daily issues arising from increased census and decreased bed availability. Promotes patient, family and physician satisfaction regarding bed assignments.
5. Intervenes in conflicts as needed. Liaises with Nursing and Providers to facilitate patient discharges, inter-facility and intra-hospital transfer processes.
6. Coordinates accurate, current/up-to-date census and patient bed availability information. Provides timely status reports of results of assignments including identification of patterns and trends that require actions
7. Takes the initiative to anticipate problems, uses creative thinking and generates reports as required. Maintains a safe, clean and functional environment, including bringing environment and equipment problems to the attention of specified leadership personnel.
8. Serves as a clinical role model and professional resource to staff and other members of the health care team. Collaborates with other members of the health care team in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of policies, procedures, and standards of care.
9. Aware of and responsive to budgetary constraints and incorporates financial principles into program development and allocation of resources.
10. Recruits, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, mentors, disciplines, and evaluates staff in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives of department. Assigns tasks and responsibilities, and plans, monitors and appraises job performance.
11. Maintains attendance and punctuality record in accordance with departmental standards. Adheres to dress code in accordance with departmental policy.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatory agency standards. Assures readiness for Joint Commission and other agency surveys Other duties as required.
13. May need to work variable shifts/hours and weekends.
14. Other duties assigned as required.
NYS RN with BSN and BCLS and at least 2 years of acute care RN with management/supervisory experience. Nursing certification, master’s degree and/or bed Management experience preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.