Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Medical Staff Services- Req # 2633388
Director, Medical Staff Services- West 57th Street
The Director, Medical Staff Services supervises the credentialing and privileging process of medical and allied health care professionals, ensuring consistency, accuracy and compliance with established protocols, accrediting and regulatory agencies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Directs the credentialing and privileging process of the medical and allied health staff professionals ensuring consistency, accuracy, timely compliance with established medical staff documents, processes, accreditation and regulatory bodies.
- Directs, supervises and evaluates work activities of Managers, Credentialing Coordinators and Credentialing Assistants, or other department staff as assigned. Directs and/or conducts recruitment, hiring and training of personnel.
- Establishes work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload.
- Ensures all credentialing requirements are completed within specified time frames.
- Organizes department level activities to achieve optimum service and achieve performance objectives. Plans, implements and administers goals, objectives and timetables for department. Composes verbal and written directions outlining objectives to be accomplished in a clear and concise manner
- Ensures credentialing database is maintained at all times and oversees training of department personnel in the use of various databases utilized for credentialing of medical staff and allied health staff.
- Prepares monthly reports and addendums for committee meetings.
- Ensures credentialing documents are in compliance with hospital standards and accrediting agencies.
- Schedules and completes performance appraisals for department staff in a timely manner. Counsels and conducts disciplinary action of department staff as
- the preparation and maintenance of the department budget and ensures that the department is being fiscally responsible in all operations.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health care or related field, required.
- Master’s Degree in health care or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of medical staff/credentialing leadership experience in a multi-hospital healthcare system or CVO is required.
- Experience in an academic medical center is strongly preferred.
- Experience overseeing greater than 10 employees is preferred
- NAMSS Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS), Required
- NAMSS Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM), Required or must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Significant experience maintaining and managing a credentialing database, required.
- Advanced experience in MS Office Suite products, preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.