Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Senior Director - Market Research, Insights and Analytics
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest academic medical system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai is a national and international source of unrivaled education, translational research and discovery, and collaborative clinical leadership ensuring that we deliver the highest quality care—from prevention to treatment of the most serious and complex human diseases. The Health System includes more than 7,200 physicians and features a robust and continually expanding network of multispecialty services, including more than 400 ambulatory practice locations throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, and Long Island. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of the Top 20 Best Hospitals in the country and the Icahn School of Medicine as one of the Top 20 Best Medical Schools in country. Mount Sinai Health System hospitals are consistently ranked regionally by specialty by U.S. News & World Report.
Mount Sinai Health System was recently recognized among America’s “Best Employers for Diversity” by Forbes and research firm Statista. According to Kenneth L. Davis, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer, “This ranking reflects Mount Sinai’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion and is a representation of our compassionate and caring staff that continues to mirror the diverse communities we serve.” Added Dennis S. Charney, MD, Dean of the Icahn School of Medicine: “Groundbreaking initiatives at our medical school-from the creation of the first-ever Dean for Gender Equity to the launch of the Diversity Innovation Hub to address underrepresented groups in medicine and innovation- demonstrate our unparalleled dedication to inclusion.”
This is a compelling opportunity for a forward-thinking, results-oriented leader to create a new Market Research, Insights and Advanced Analytics capability for one of the nation’s pre-eminent health systems. Senior leadership will look to you to engineer the shift to have Insights and Analytics inform marketing decision making, as well as contribute to business strategy. As a key member of the leadership team, you will have a significant impact on the success of all marketing initiatives resulting in increased visibility and revenue growth across the System.
- Working in close partnership with the CCMO, CMO as well as with colleagues in Marketing, Communications and Digital, you will provide relevant insights, research results and business recommendations that will be central to the success of all Marketing initiatives.
- Gain an appreciation for and understanding of the history and culture of the Mount Sinai Health System, as well as its short and long-term growth strategy.
- Working across the organization, assess the extensive research and analytics data that are available within Mount Sinai, and determine which sources will provide the greatest benefit to marketing and communications decision-making.
- Lead the development of a detailed strategy that determines Mount Sinai’s insights and analytics needs.
- In establishing an Insights and Advanced Analytic capability for Mount Sinai, educate senior leadership and the Marketing team as to how analytics can positively impact both business and Marketing objectives.
- Lead all primary market research to assess:
- Attitudes, awareness, behavior (Intent to purchase/preference)
- Customer feedback/User Experience
- Customer Experience (patient/family, consumers, referring physician)
- Personas, mindset, insights and motivations
- Creative message testing
- Working with colleagues from Finance, Marketing, and Communications develop dashboards that highlight ROI and informs marketing and communications decision-making while also providing senior leadership with a snap shot of the impact that these efforts are having on business results.
- Commission and guide customer-related research projects through all phases: project proposal, questionnaire design, sample design, data collection, data analysis, reporting, presentation and implementation.
- Partner with Marketing, Communications and Digital to transform research and insights findings into actionable narratives/stories that are aligned with key business objectives and target audiences.
- Identify and evaluate external best in class resources that can support the market research, insights and analytics needs of the organization.
Personal and Professional Profile
- Proven senior-level experience in establishing an insights and analytics capability within a complex, dynamic industry; health care experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills: demonstrated ability to interpret and draw conclusions from disparate sources of data and present findings with thoughtful insights and recommendations.
- Experience working in highly matrixed organizations. B2B, B2C, agency, industry analyst/consulting industries.
- Superior relationship management and consensus building with the ability to establish and maintain credibility with senior leadership, and other high-intellect leaders across an organization.
- Hands-on, results-oriented and innovative; passionate about the intersection of insights, marketing and results. Excellent attention to detail with a track record of flawless delivery.
- Confident decision maker with excellent presence; self-starter, high energy/drive and results oriented; combines tenacious approach with a relentlessly positive attitude. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, excellent presentation skills, organized with the ability to deal effectively with multiple departments within a complex organization.
- Effective leader who is adept at managing change and can inspire those inside and outside their direct sphere of control.
- Ability to build and manage a team over time if the business requires it. Skilled in leading, motivating and developing a diverse team of professionals. A role model who demonstrates respectful behavior with multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor degree required. Graduate degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- 7 years minimum of experience in health administration including three years experience in a clinic environment.