Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Senior Director of Network Marketing
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest academic medical system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai is a national and international source of unrivaled education, translational research and discovery, and collaborative clinical leadership ensuring that we deliver the highest quality care—from prevention to treatment of the most serious and complex human diseases. The Health System includes more than 7,200 physicians and features a robust and continually expanding network of multispecialty services, including more than 400 ambulatory practice locations throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, and Long Island. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of the Top 20 Best Hospitals in the country and the Icahn School of Medicine as one of the Top 20 Best Medical Schools in country. Mount Sinai Health System hospitals are consistently ranked regionally by specialty by U.S. News & World Report.
Mount Sinai Health System was recently recognized among America’s “Best Employers for Diversity” by Forbes and research firm Statista. According to Kenneth L. Davis, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer, “This ranking reflects Mount Sinai’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion and is a representation of our compassionate and caring staff that continues to mirror the diverse communities we serve.” Added Dennis S. Charney, MD, Dean of the Icahn School of Medicine: “Groundbreaking initiatives at our medical school-from the creation of the first-ever Dean for Gender Equity to the launch of the Diversity Innovation Hub to address underrepresented groups in medicine and innovation- demonstrate our unparalleled dedication to inclusion.”
The Senior Director will lead and advance the marketing strategy for Mount Sinai’s acquired and managed practices, Network affiliates and other health system driven initiatives. You will have a significant impact on Mount Sinai’s ability to enhance and increase awareness and reputation and the utilization of the varying care options that Mount Sinai provides locally, regional, nationally and internationally.
- As a key member of the central Marketing and Communications department with close interaction with Dr. Klein, EVP, President of the Mount Sinai Health Network and the Mount Sinai Health Network team, the Senior Director will oversee the Network Marketing team and lead the development and management of network marketing and communications strategies and programs. Maximize opportunities to build Mount Sinai’s reputation and brand visibility with key audiences and support the Network’s strategy of offering the highest quality and accessible care in the neighborhoods in which their patients live and work.
- Gain an appreciation for and understanding of the history, culture and offerings of the Mount Sinai Health System and Network, as well as its short and long-term growth strategies. Understand the goals and challenges relative to developing and executing marketing plans in radically diverse geographies and customize accordingly.
- Determine the marketing strategy and build actionable and measurable marketing plans and campaigns for Mount Sinai’s acquired and managed practices, Network affiliates and other health system driven initiatives. Ensure marketing and communications plans align with Network priorities and make adjustments as needed to accommodate the shifting needs of the Network.
- Participate where appropriate at Network Leadership Meetings and be an active contributor for marketing-related activities to ensure alignment with Network priorities and marketing resources, as well as the promotion and coordination of activities associated with Affiliates and Partner Institutions.
- Partner and communicate with Physicians, senior clinical and administrative executives to inform the development of Health Network strategies and the advancement of key marketing initiatives.
- In conjunction with the central Marketing and Communications team and external partners, create and deliver flawless execution of marketing campaigns, programs and initiatives to support Network business objectives. This includes all aspects of the marketing mix including digital (web and social), advertising, direct marketing, promotion, events, content marketing/thought leadership, media, agency management, collateral development and production etc.
- Establish and achieve concrete measurement standards leveraging CRM, predictive modeling, data/analytics/targeting to ensure optimal campaign effectiveness. Consistently adjust campaigns based on effectiveness and shifting priorities.
Personal and Professional Profile:
- Sophisticated marketer with experience developing successful, integrated plans and programs; experience should include leadership of teams, development of marketing strategy, branding and advertising, with a strong understanding of digital marketing; healthcare experience preferred. Field or Network marketing experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated business development or account management experience with a track record of building programs and strategies that drive measurable results.
- Demonstrated success in developing strategic multi-faceted marketing communications plans and converting them into tactical programs. Marketing campaign management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience leveraging CRM, predictive modeling/data analytics/targeting, strategic analysis, market research, and competitive intelligence to drive the development and execution of innovative, integrated marketing strategies and programs.
- Dynamic leader; experience leading teams, able to nurture and grow talent, work within an organization to set a vision and execute it effectively.
- Strategist with a bias toward “rolling up sleeves”; strong quantitative and analytical skills; utilizes data to support recommendations.
- Confident decision maker with excellent presence; self-starter, high energy/drive and results oriented; combines scrappy, tenacious approach with a relentlessly positive attitude.
- Superior relationship management and consensus building with the ability to establish and maintain credibility with senior leadership, and other high-intellect leaders across an organization.
- Proven track record of moving projects forward while anticipating future demands and opportunities. Must be able to coordinate multiple programs simultaneously and to develop and implement forward-thinking and creative strategies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal effectively with multiple departments within a global organization and to work cross-functionally.
- Effective leader who is adept at managing change and can inspire those inside and outside their direct sphere of control, ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholder audiences, ultimately leading and driving the coordination of integration of marketing activities.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships with people from diverse areas of organization and external “key influencers.”
- Perceptive, persuasive, energetic individual who can effect change in a dynamic environment while being flexible and adaptive. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Graduate degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Minimum of five -seven years of experience in health administration including three years experience in a clinic environment.